Knots and Tangles

Having a job, I've found, really puts a knot in one's knitting time!

Name:
Location: Broadalbin, NY, United States

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Rain rain, go away!

Don't know who I was kidding yesterday, I didn't get anything done. I decided that since I was still sore from my adventures in home improvement the day before, I'd "take a day off" and knit. Big surprise there.

I began a simple Top-Down Raglan Sweater (customizable pattern from knittingfool.com), using a turquoise yarn that my mother gave me specifically for the purpose of making her a sweater! The yarn, which I believe is acrylic, came from a sweater that she had and didn't like because the shoulder seam hung halfway down her arms. She handed me the sweater just after I told her about a link I had followed (from where, I don't remember) that led me to a website that described how to unravel a sweater in order to re-use that yarn. She dug in her closet, and I was in business. Here's the basic schematic from Knitting Fool:

Here is my progress so far:
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket
left: after about 3 hours -- right: after a few more!

I'm using my Denise Interchangeable needles. The 2x2 ribbing at the neckline was made with size 6s, and the rest using size 8s. It's going pretty quickly and is relatively easy so far. After my last sweater fiasco,I was a bit leary about starting a new sweater but as of this very moment I'm optimistic. We'll see how I feel when I get to the arm/torso division!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home