Knots and Tangles

Having a job, I've found, really puts a knot in one's knitting time!

Name:
Location: Broadalbin, NY, United States

Monday, August 14, 2006

Those lacy days of summer

The Frozen Lake shawl is coming along splendidly, if I do say so myself. I have not detected any major or even minor mistakes... and if I haven't detected them, then they are not there. And that is final. So far, I have 9 repeats of the pattern completed. The pattern calls for bind-off after completing 15 repeats.

This weekend we're leaving for a one week vacation on the Outer Banks in NC. I'm trying to decide whether I want to bring Frozen Lake with me for completion (or near-completion, anyway) on the trip... or if I wanted to start my new lace project this week, the Candle Flame Shawl from KnitPicks so I can bring that with me. Here's the yarn (which is actually in the same colorway as the pattern picture shows):

I have no solid reason why I don't want to just bring my Frozen Lake with me and keep on keepin' on. Maybe because it is called "Frozen Lake" and I am going for "fun in the sun"? Maybe it's just knitting ADHD. Plus, I realy love that turquoise coloring... so ocean/sky reminiscent. When it comes down to it, I'll probably just lug along my Frozen Lake like a good girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home