Knots and Tangles

Having a job, I've found, really puts a knot in one's knitting time!

Name:
Location: Broadalbin, NY, United States

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Still looking... still knitting

I've been very busy these past few weeks. Not working, unfortunately, but knitting for sure. Evidence seen below:



This is the finished purple cabled bag... originally intended as a gift but after much careful consideration, probably not. Had to follow my "heart" and the "rule of the handmade gift": don't give it if you're not sure the person will appreciate it. I am not sure... so therefore, how do you like my new bag?? This was my first attempt at a lining, which I did in a black satin-y material (on sale b/c it's so close to Halloween!). I just sort of made it up as I went along and I think it turned out really well. And I just love the buttons.

I've also been working diligently on a pair of gloves for my dad (completed this week) with a hat to match. Both gloves and hat are knit with Patons "Classic Wool" in "Blue Storm" and a tan colorway, possibly "Camel," not sure.

I also started a small scarf, using the leftover turquoise yarn from my mother's turquoise raglan sweater. I'm using this A Touch of Whimsy scarf pattern, and so far it is looking lovely. I put it on the backburner, though, to start dad's gloves because frankly they were easier to knit while watching Sex and the City Season 5 on DVD... hard to follow a lace pattern when you're watching shows, I've found.

I also bought some yarn to begin a scarf for my mother-in-law... pattern TBA.

In job news, I may have a job. I interviewed at my old place of employment on Thursday. I had to leave that agency (I worked in a day treatment elementary school) to complete my internship, plus it was a per diem position that really did not pay well. So, as I left on good terms with the agency, AND since as of Thursday I was the ONLY CANDIDATE... chances are looking good. I should find out early this week and if so: let the celebrations begin! If not, then I work at Target. Because this cannot go on any longer. (Oh, but I do have an interview scheduled with an agency that works with the mentally retarded next Friday, so I guess Target comes AFTER that interview.) I had hoped to hear on Friday, but I didn't.... so this weekend has seemed VERY LONG because I want it to Monday so I can get a call that says "you're hired!" And if I'm not, then I want to know so I can get my application in at Target.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Erica,

I think your bag is beautiful! Nice job. Is it purple or blue? It looks kind of purple in the pictures. Good luck on the job front!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 5:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home