Knots and Tangles

Having a job, I've found, really puts a knot in one's knitting time!

Name:
Location: Broadalbin, NY, United States

Monday, November 27, 2006

A sad turn of events (for my knitting, anyways)

Got the job!

My first day was Halloween, so I'm coming up on my 1 month-versary. I'm at a private day treatment elementary school for emotionally disturbed children. As mentioned below I actually used to work at this same school, as a classroom aide, while going to school to become a psychologist. I left my aide position in order to do my internship. The previous school psych at the job left for a public school job, I heard about it, applied, and was hired. It's a tough job, with many components and responsibilities. I am never bored, and have PLENTY to do. It's also a great diet plan, because I don't have the time to have a leisurely lunch. I eat enough to get me through the day and move on!

It's wonderful to have income and something to do that makes me feel like a productive member of the household and society!

I have been knitting, but not very much. I finished my mother-in-law's Reversable Cable Scarf, a Lion's Brand pattern. I used Lion's Brand Wool-Ease in Charcoal, which is the same color used on the scarf in this picture:


I could post a picture of my finished scarf, and I will just as soon as I actually FINISH it (weaving in the loose ends and blocking it). But for all intents and purposes, it is complete.

In the meantime, I've begun work on a Corkscrew Scarf, pattern in Loop-de-Loop. I'm knitting it in Bernat "Frenzy" in the Black Blast colorway. It's pretty funky, but I think it will suit my younger sister-in-law quite well. It's a fun and relatively easy pattern for a pretty unique looking scarf.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Congrats on your new position!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 3:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home